|Topic:||Humanoid robot autonomous body exploration|
|Supervisor:||Mgr. Matěj Hoffmann Ph.D., Ing. Zdeněk Straka|
|Description:||This project will be conducted on the Nao humanoid robot. The main idea is that the robot will explore its own body by self-observation and in particular self-touch.
The main tasks will be:
1. Get acquainted with the Nao robot simulator (Webots or Gazebo).
2. Study the robot kinematics and inverse kinematics and investigate controllers that would generate self-touch configurations.
3. Get acquainted with the real Nao robot.
4. Test safe self-touch behaviors on the real robot employing closed-loop control (relying on motor loads as feedback, for example).
5. Explore the possibilities of different sensory modalities in delivering information about the robot’s kinematic configuration: cameras, infra-red sensors, ultra-sonic sensors, joint encoders.
6. Optional: The robot will have an artificial skin array mounted on it. If this is delivered as planned, the students will be able to work with this new modality as well.
|Max.number of students:||6|
|Booked students:||František Puciow, Martin Jílek, Tomáš Pivoňka|