Department of Cybernetics
The Department of Cybernetics is aimed at high-quality research in
artificial intelligence, machine perception, robotics, and biomedical
engineering with the focus to multi-agent systems, machine learning, data
mining, pattern recognition, knowledge-based systems, medical data
processing and collaborative robotics. The research is carried out in two
co-operating centres - The Gerstner
Laboratory for Intelligent Decision
Making and Control and The Centre of Machine Perception. The Department
offers a wide range of undergraduate and postrgraduate courses and is
responsible for the Ph.D. branch of study "AI and Biocybernetics" with more
than 50 Ph.D. students enrolled.
Selected research demos
- Let us cordially invite you to another event of Prague computer science seminar, the talk Data assimilation in high and infinite dimension given by Prof. Jan Mandel. The talk shall be held on Thursday, May 28, 2015, 16:00, in Auditorium S5, MFF UK, Malostranské nám. 25, Prague 1.
- Let us invite you to the defence of Michal Jancosek's PhD thesis entitled Large Scale Surface Reconstruction based on Point Visibility (supervisor: dr. Tomas Pajdla), June 1, 2015, 10:00 a.m., KN:G-205.
- Let us invite you to the defence of Jaroslav Vitku's PhD thesis entitled Towards Automated Design of Complex Modular Systems Inspired by Nature (supervisor: doc. Pavel Nahodil), May 19, 2015, 10:00 a.m., KN:E-112.
- March 26, 2015: Vladimír Smutný successfully defended his PhD thesis entitled Light Propagation in Transport Polyhedra (supervisor: dr. Tomas Pajdla). Congratulations!
- March 16, 2015: Matej Holec successfully defended his PhD thesis entitled Set-level Gene Expression Data Analysis with Machine Learning (supervisor: doc. Filip Zelezny). Congratulations!