Department of Cybernetics
The Department of Cybernetics is aimed at high-quality research in
artificial intelligence, machine perception, robotics, and biomedical
engineering with the focus to multi-agent systems, machine learning, data
mining, pattern recognition, knowledge-based systems, medical data
processing and collaborative robotics. The research is carried out in two
co-operating centres - The Gerstner
Laboratory for Intelligent Decision
Making and Control and The Centre of Machine Perception. The Department
offers a wide range of undergraduate and postrgraduate courses and is
responsible for the Ph.D. branch of study "AI and Biocybernetics" with more
than 50 Ph.D. students enrolled.
Selected research demos
- Lukas Neumann has received a prestigious Google PhD Fellowship as the only person in Central & Eastern Europe. According to Google, "the Google Fellowship Programs recognize outstanding graduate students doing exceptional work in computer science, related disciplines, or promising research areas". The fellowships are typically awarded to students from universities such as Oxford, Cambridge, ETH, and TUM in Europe or MIT, Stanford, and Caltech in the USA. Congratulations!
- The team "Umeli a inteligentni" consisting of Petr Kremen, Marek Smid and Radim Tylecek took part in the Cycle to work campaign.During the month of May they made together 88 cycle trips to work and back (with the overall length of 1280 km). The team was 94th out of 484 teams in Prague and 1st out of 7 CTU teams. Congratulations!
- Lenka Lhotska will co-chair the DEXA 24th International Conference on Database and Expert Systems Applications, 26-29 August 2013 in Prague (CZ).
- Invitation to the defence of Premysl Volf's PhD thesis: Multiagent Simulation of Air Space and Air Traffic Management, (supervisor: prof. Vladimir Marik), June 27, 2013, 8:30 a.m., KN:E-112.
- Invitation to the defence of Michal Huptych's PhD thesis: Multi-layer Data Model, (supervisor: doc. Lenka Lhotska), June 26, 2013, 8:30 a.m., KN:E-112.
- Invitation to the defence of Miroslav Bursa's PhD thesis: Ant-Inspired Metaheuristics for Biomedical Data Mining, (supervisor: doc. Lenka Lhotska), June 26, 2013, 10:00 a.m., KN:E-112.
- Martin Bujnak successfully defended his PhD thesis: Algebraic Solutions to Absolute Pose Problems, (supervisor: doc. Radim Sara), Congratulations! May 23, 2013
- Vladimir Marik was awarded honorary doctorate by Brno University of Technology on May 20, 2013.
- Juan David Garcia-Arteaga successfully defended his PhD thesis: Multichannel Image Information Similarity Measures: Applications to Colposcopy Image Registrations, (supervisor: doc. Jan Kybic), Congratulations! May 16, 2013
- Jan Kybic will co-chair IEEE International Symposium on Biomedical Imaging (ISBI) 2016 in Prague, Czech Republic, April 9-16.
- Vladimir Marik will co-chair the 2013 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (IEEE SMC 2013) 13-16 October 2013, Manchaster (UK).
- Congratulations! Paper by Zuzana Kukelova, Martin Bujnak and Tomas Pajdla was selected as the Spotlight Paper for the July 2012 issue of the IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (PAMI). It is currently highlighted on the journal home page and will be available to the public for free for 30 days.