Department of Cybernetics
The Department of Cybernetics is aimed at high-quality research in
artificial intelligence, machine perception, robotics, and biomedical
engineering with the focus to multi-agent systems, machine learning, data
mining, pattern recognition, knowledge-based systems, medical data
processing and collaborative robotics. The research is carried out in two
co-operating centres - The Gerstner
Laboratory for Intelligent Decision
Making and Control and The Centre of Machine Perception. The Department
offers a wide range of undergraduate and postrgraduate courses and is
responsible for the Ph.D. branch of study "AI and Biocybernetics" with more
than 50 Ph.D. students enrolled.
Selected research demos
- Let us invite you to a K13133 seminar: Dr. Lukáš Chrpa will give a talk entitled Towards Deploying AI Planning in Applications on Tuesday, January 6, 2015, 2 p.m., in KN:E-112.
- December 16, 2014: Daniel Průša and Tomáš Werner published an article entitled Universality of the Local Marginal Polytope in IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence. Congratulations!
- Let us invite you to the defence of Petr Kalina's PhD thesis entitled Agents-based Algorithms for the Vehicle Routing Problem with Time Windows, (supervisor: prof. Vladimir Marik), Jan 6, 2015, 11:00 a.m., KN:E-112.
- Katedra kybernetiky děkuje všem za spolupráci v roce 2014 a přeje šťastný nový rok 2015!
- Nov 4, 2014: Paper Singly-Bordered Block-Diagonal Form for Minimal Problem Solvers by Zuzana Kukelova (Microsoft Research Cambridge), Martin Bujnak (Capturing Reality), Jan Heller and Tomas Pajdla received Best Paper Honorable Mention prize at ACCV 2014. Congratulations!
- Říjen 2014: Byl spuštěn studentský portál, jehož cílem je agregovat relevantní informace z různých informačních systémů školy na jednom místě.